Find a Psychiatrist with our
The Greater Long Island Psychiatric Society is the Long Island District Branch of the American Psychiatric Association (APA), representing over 600 medical doctors specializing in psychiatry on Long Island.
The Greater Long Island Psychiatric Society serves as a mental health services resource for Nassau and Suffolk counties in New York State. Some of the many services we provide:
- Our Psychiatrist Locator helps direct patients to psychiatrists in their geographic area.
- We provide patient information on mental illness and treatment with the help of materials developed by the APA.
- We serve as a monitoring organization, demanding that patient care is provided within the strictest guidelines as set forth by the APA.
- We assure that our members' continuing medical education needs are met and keep them abreast of the current trends in psychiatric care.
- Through the APA, we serve as an advocacy group for our patients, helping to ensure that coverage for mental health services is on par with other medical services.